3/27 Company Statement on COVID-19: What You Need to Know
Industry Friends and Valued Customers -
This is our second company update on the COVID-19 virus as its impact continues to spread, presenting challenges for the country and within the cannabis industry.
On March 16th, 2020, President Trump issued updated Coronavirus Guidance for America. This guidance states, “If you work in the critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, … you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule.”
urban-gro, Inc. is considered an Essential Business due to its role as a supplier of critical goods and services to other Essential Businesses, like licensed marijuana operations (Essential Businesses pursuant to Order § 6(f)(xvii)). The types of support and supplies provided include but are not limited to: nutrients, pesticides, air sanitation, and pest management products.
Essential Businesses are also impacted in their operations. urban-gro, Inc.’s Lafayette and Denver facilities are abiding by the ordered physical and social distancing requirements. We will continue to monitor and abide by the laws, orders, and regulations issued by our federal, state, and local governments pertaining to COVID-19.
How does our change in operations impact the delivery of services and products across North America and Europe?
Cultivation Space Planning / MEP Facility Assessments - Due to travel restrictions, on-site facility assessments are being conducted via virtual walk-throughs (e.g. mobile devices, tablets) or being rescheduled for a later date.
Integrated Cultivation Design - Our Colorado-based engineering design team is moving forward with the design of projects without interruption. Our secure cloud-based services enable our teams to collaborate within the company, with our vendors, and with our customers.
Commissioning Services - Due to various restrictions, our commissioning teams have limited access to client sites. We are utilizing technology to provide basic support for the time being. Please contact your Account Manager about rescheduling commissioning and start-up services.
Nutrients and Pesticides
- Local (Colorado-area) deliveries have been consolidated to Tuesdays and Thursdays until further notice. Please contact our Environmental Sciences Group for any questions and to schedule your deliveries.
- National Deliveries - We are working with our vendors to ensure shipments are scheduled and delivered as anticipated.
Beneficial Insects - Service and modified delivery schedules have been shared with our customers. Please contact our Environmental Sciences Group with any questions
Air Sanitizing: Microbial, Virus, and Odor Control
- Element Air Solutions by RGF: As an international leader in environmental air quality, RGF has been called upon by the Federal government to assist in providing solutions for healthcare-related facilities, including hospitals, nursing homes, and military support of healthcare operations. We are in constant communication with RGF regarding production timelines for orders that have been placed for the cannabis sector.
- Air Sanitation Solution for Dispensaries / Patient Waiting Areas: Our customers have been asking for virus and bacteria control solutions for dispensary settings. We are pleased to offer HealthMatePlus as options to protect your employees and customers in these smaller settings. These highly visible solutions provide true medical grade HEPA filters which remove 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns. Orders may be placed online with shipping to your location within 1-2 business days.
Finally, for the safety of our employees, urban-gro is following the direction of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and government authorities. As such, we have implemented the following measures to mitigate the risk to our employees and our business:
- Colorado Employees: Due to the Governor’s Stay-at-Home Order (effective March 26 through April 11, 2020), most employees will continue to work remotely. They are available via email and phone. If you have any issues reaching a member of our team, you can contact us at email@example.com or text UGHELP to 31996.
- Non-essential visitors to our offices and distribution facility are prohibited at this time.
- Non-essential travel is prohibited.
- Adherence to heightened hygiene protocol, including increased disinfection of hard surfaces, equipment, and common areas.
- Practice of social distancing at our offices and distribution facilities to minimize employee contact.
urban-gro’s COVID-19 response team remains focused on this very fluid situation. We are closely monitoring our supply chain sources which will allow us to immediately identify any potential risk of supply to our customers.
During this time, responses from our customer service department may be delayed related to quoting, acknowledgments, and processing of requests. If you have an emergency, please text UGHELP to 31996.
We thank you for your patience in these unprecedented times and we will keep you updated on further developments as new information becomes available. For specific questions, please contact your Director of Sales or give us a call at 720-390-3880.
Bradley Nattrass, Chairman and CEO